PETER SCHIFF

PETER SCHIFF

Friday, January 20, 2012

Peter Schiff on how he started Euro Pacific Capital

Peter Schiff : The guy that started eToys lived in my apartment building in downtown Los Angeles. And I started my company, Euro Pacific Capital, about the same time he started his. He made a lot more money than I did, but he didn't make a profit. He never made a profit. But he made a lot of money because he found people to buy into his idea. And at one point, eToys was worth more than Toys "R" Us. I remember when I was trying to get clients, back when I was starting out at Euro Pacific Capital, and I was trying to get people to buy foreign stocks. And I remember one country I was active in was New Zealand, and I remember trying to convince people who owned shares of stocks, like Yahoo, why they should sell their Yahoo and buy a stock in New Zealand. I would point out that Yahoo was worth twice the entire country of New Zealand; every stock they had, all the real estate...- in a Mises institute speech

No comments:

Post a Comment





Popular Posts This Month